The Opportunity record form stores key information about a potential sales opportunity for an existing customer or a potential new customer.
In the ribbon, available actions are displayed for the current Opportunity record, such as deactivating the record, deleting the record, or running a report. The actions available depend on your security role and permissions.
Record forms have tabs that allow the user to move between different data elements of the record. On the Opportunity record, you’ll see the following tabs:
- Summary – Displays identifying information about the customer and contact person, as well as details such as estimated value, potential close date, sales probability, and potential solution to the customer’s need. A quick action button is provided for creating a Sales Order from the Opportunity.
- Timeline – Stores historical notes and activities against the record. For more information, see Timeline | EvergreenWorx.
- Sales Orders – Displays a list of sales orders generated from the Opportunity. For more information, see Sales Orders | EvergreenWorx.
- Activities – Provides the capability of capturing and tracking communications related to the management of the Opportunity. For more information, see Activities | EvergreenWorx.
- Related – Other related items, such as Record Audit History.
Status of the opportunity record shows whether this is New, In Progress, On Hold, and Won or Lost (indicating whether it did or did not turn into a Sales order).
Business Process Flow of the record shows the specific stages of an Opportunity’s processing. These include Identify, Develop, Propose and Close.